Pedorthic Code of Ethics
The College of Pedorthics of Canada (CPC) members are expected to abide by this Code of Ethics. The goal of the Code of Ethics is to achieve and maintain high standards of professional integrity toward clients, colleagues, partners, stakeholders, the public and the CPC. The Code describes expected conduct of all CPC members in pedorthic practice, including those involved in direct service to clients, management, administration, education, research and/or business.
The CPC expects its members to:
- possess the qualities of integrity, loyalty and reliability
- use professional communication with clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- value and respect clients’ rights to be self-directed in their decision-making in accordance with their own needs, values and available resources
- value and respect clients’ rights to be treated with respect and dignity within a safe and non-judgmental environment
- ensure confidentiality and privacy of personal information
- recognize and manage issues related to conflict of interest
- maintain a standard of professional competency to provide high quality service
- abide by legislative requirements and codes of ethics established by other organizations to which the member has obligations (e.g. employer, facility)
- contribute to interdisciplinary collaboration and development of partnerships to advance the pedorthic outcomes of the population served
- understand and manage ethical implications involved in all practice domains, including research
- participate in continuing professional development throughout their career and apply new knowledge and skills to their professional work which is based on best available evidence
- promote the profession as a whole to the public, other professional organizations and government at regional, provincial and federal levels in an ethical manner
- contribute to the development and/or dissemination of professional knowledge
- remain knowledgeable and familiar with all position papers and professional standards of the profession as published by The College of Pedorthics of Canada.
For questions or comments please contact the CPC National office.